Thursday, July 16, 2009

Tips From The Leader (1) - Ask

I've been working for 13 years. Along the way, I've learned a lot. I'm lucky that I've been given a lot of opportunity. I've given chances to gain experiances from various industry, various scope of work, various bosses, various working environment.

In this article, I'll write about tips that I got from leaders that I met through out my employment. I hope, with this those who happen to read my blog can learn, digest what have been written, and if they think that they could be benefited from it, they are welcome to follow.

I consider this is a guidance to those who just enter into wroking environment. I intended to write a book on this matter. I've already choose a name for my future book - Tips From The Leaders. In this book, I'll compile all the tips that I can pick-up from the leaders that I've met, working with, report to. But, my time now, is not only writing, I cannot focus only with writing. I've a job that I must everyday wake-up and do it, I have also a part time job (more toward exploring new field, trying to gain new experience as a lecturer, I'm also need to go to class 3 days a week for now pursuing my master degree. So, the book need to put on hold. Nevertheless, through this blog, I'll compile, put it up piece by piece, bit by bit.

Tips no 1, ASK. If you need something, want something, you need to ask.

Reason being, people wouldn’t know what you want if you don't tell them what you want. You cannot just stare at one person, hoping that, that person knew you need something from him. That won't happen in this world. Unless you have six sense which enable you to relay the message to that person. Now days, a lot of people actually assuming. a lot of assume. Assume people know what you want. Assume people know what you need. Assume people know what you think. A lot of assume. Assuming won’t bring you anyway. Believe me.

There are a few things that you need to know before you ask. Not simply ask. That won’t work also. First thing, you must ask something that realistic. Something that you can get. Something that people will give it to you.
I’ll stop here for now. I’ll continue in the next article. And, there will be more detail in future book with a lot of example as a guide.

3 comments:

  1. Some people are just paranoid to ask coz they fear their questions might sound a little too "dumb" to certain people. But well, you never know...that dumb question might solve a bigger problem in the future..

    ReplyDelete
  2. hoi mat
    Tahniah sebab dah buat blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mat,
    I can't see your picture lah..
    Why so dark?
    malau ka?

    ReplyDelete